can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
kam_wa
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to Sir Punk, 10 months ago

Sir Punk wrote:

I don't change my cameras often, every 3-4 years. But regardless of all these observation you made, I wanted to discuss the plunge in value, and not include any philosophical discussion.

A clear example is how apple laptops hold their value quite well or some japanese cars. Do you think Apple customers were happy when they discontinued the ipad 3 after just a few months? It's a similar thing with the mid-range NEX.

Apple computers hold their value better is because Apple only replaces their computers with the new model every 3-4 years (2 years or so with iPhones & iPads), also Apple is not very keen on price reduction and even with older models or refurbished ones the price is not significantly lower, therefore it is also reflected on the used market too.

With the NEX 5R, since the new one is around the corner, prices will drop.

However, I question the price you saw, may be it was a "body only" price because I have not seen any deal that cheap for the camera with the lens, in fact prices have not dropped significantly from when I got mine in January.

Do you have the link to the post of that price?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow