That RAW Troublemaker Again With Files

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
gil
gil
Forum ProPosts: 16,523
Like?
When I look at an image, it was not because of the 256 or more...(more)
In reply to VirtualMirage, 11 months ago

shades or the extent of the DR or the fine details being shown or any other plus factors that could be derived from RAW. It was more on the impact of the image to me - it could be from cell phone, P&S or film camera. While shooting from RAW has many advantages; if the composition, theme, context or viewpoint sucks, nothing could save it. Of course same with doing it in jpg.

The presented image of discussion already has a problem that even at f16, I can't find the human subjects in focus. Of course with that small lens opening, other parameters should have adjusted automatically (if not done in manual mode) to give a usable exposure but I can't seem to detect it from the images used.

Anyway my overall point is that there should be no disputing whether one uses RAW or JPG as some are happy with RAW and some with JPG (like me). Also before tackling the differences between RAW and JPG, one should have validated first whether the images used were ideal or not. If the OP is happy with his JPG pics, so be it but to me, there is still a room for improvement in that picture beyond the file format.

cheers,

gil

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
gil - San Jose, CA
Cheap Lens, JPG and 100% Handholding Provocateur
Like happiness, photography is often better created than pursued.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow