Started Sep 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,561
Like?
I think my Panny 100-300 is better than an Oly 60mm
Sep 4, 2013

I’ve lusted after the 60mm Oly since it came out, lust being the operative word because it is very sexy. I would use it primarily only for one thing, insects and in the main, frame fillers and not body parts. When I got the Panny 100-300 I was a bit disappointed at the close distance focusing , being a lot longer the my old Zuiko 70-300. But during the insect months I have come to appreciate it and although I look longingly every time I see someone posting Oly 60mm shots I think the 100-300 is as good and in my case better. I’m not saying it’s a better lens after all, they are very different but for the single job that I want to use it for I think maybe the 100-300 is better. The problem I have with the 60mm is that most posters seem to have very little DOF control and consequently there are a lot of what to me are out of focus shots. My minimum rule is that at least one eye must be in focus and at least one antennae, where they exist.

Perhaps someone would like to post some 60mm shots that put mine to shame and re-kindle my passion..

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow