Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
This is any easy one...A99
In reply to Kwick1, 10 months ago

I would buy an A99 and then something small like an RX100 (or NEX-5R which is actually less expensive than the RX100 now) for traveling light.

It does not seem wise to invest so heavily in a crop sensor camera these days (especially not a m43 sensor camera). $1500 body only is much too expensive for any m43 camera.  And most of the better lenses for m43 are also extremely pricey.  When you consider you can buy a refurbished Nikon D600 for $1500, or a D7100 for $1199, both of which have significantly better IQ than all the 16-mp Olympus cameras, there is no situation that I would ever invest in an EM-1 (Unless I had a ton of Olympus high grade Four Thirds lenses, which I don't).

The A99 and a small mirrorless for travel is absolutely the best way to go.

My main camera is a Nikon D800 and I have a couple of smaller mirrorless cameras that I use when appropriate.  This works great for me.

Best of luck, Markus

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow