ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greyhoundrick
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Nikon D3 shutter quandary
11 months ago

Hello,

I recently was doing a photo shoot in which i was using my D3 along with Alien Bees, SB-800s and Pocket Wizard TT5 flex units. All was going well until the middle of the shoot when i noticed that my shutter release button would not work. It was as if i had a dead battery or as if i had the camera in "Focus Only" release mode and the camera was not focused. However, i did have the camera in "Release + Focus" mode as that is where i always leave it.

I attempted to press the shutter release button twice and it would not go down. There were no messages on the camera, everything was on and i had no clue what had happened. I panicked as i did not bring a backup camera body. The battery was fine and so was the CF card (plenty of memory left).

I then shut the camera off, turned it back on and it hasnt missed a beat since. I have used it several times for at least 1000 shots and no problems.

Because of my nature it still bugs me that this happened and i cannot figure out what on earth went wrong. I was thinking that maybe i tripped something or maybe my card had a dead spot or ???

Have you ever heard of this happening before and if so what do you think could have possibly cause this?

Thanks so much and best to you all,

rick

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow