E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,952Gear list
Like?
not bad at all ...
In reply to Pixnat2, Sep 4, 2013

Pixnat2 wrote:

Video from Vadim Action, shot with an EM-5, conformed from 30p to 24p.

http://vimeo.com/69368786

Very good editing ... he knows what he is doing on that score. Fast cuts, tell a story, etc ... nicely done. I have yet to do as well.

Mind you, it was shot by a "low piece of junk" camera, how comes?

That sort of comment doesn't actually work to be honest. To say such things implies that a camera with a bad reputation has created a perfect outcome and thus has completely denied its lack of a reputation. I don't actually see that in this video, although it is very well edited and quite enjoyable to watch, at least until it gets outside where the camera really struggles with the dynamic range and the video starts to go on a bit too long ...

I was also not pleased with the color matching between indoor scenes ... at times the differences are really baffling ...

Anyway, I get your point. With suitable attention to the details, the E-M5 can make a nice movie. And this movie is about half way there ... the beginning is incredibly promising, but it does not really hold up ...

-- hide signature --
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow