What was your first digital camera?

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
contadorfan
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Kodak DX7630
In reply to DHedgehog, Sep 4, 2013

Back in 2005.

The Kodak DX7630 -- what a wonderful camera! It was the first camera I'd ever owned, having been content with disposables during the hectic child-rearing, career-building years. But with a full time job (and 3 kids still), I never learned what all the bells & whistles were for or what PASM was all about. The little flower symbol? I thought that was Flower mode, for shooting pictures of gardens! After a year and a half, I discovered the zoom lever. For someone who didn't know squat about photography, that Kodak camera sure made beautiful photos.

My son lost it on a trip to France. Then I realized how much I loved having a camera and couldn't live without one. When I bought a replacement, I vowed to learn something about photography in order to get the most out of the camera.

That was 3 years and eight cameras ago.

Schneider-Kreuznach, f2.8

I used SCN mode and could turn the flash off or on.

Here's a gushing review of the DX7630. The author drooled over the huge 2.2 inch LCD screen & Kodak's amazing EasyShare app, but wondered who in heck needs 6 mps. As ever (& will be for the rest of our lives?): "pictures are noisy at high ISOs."

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/kodak/dx7630-review/

contadorfan's gear list:contadorfan's gear list
Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow