FZ200 Diffraction Limit - Panasonic Tech Service

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
J C Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429
Like?
Re: Does the Panasonic FZ50 violate the laws of Physics?
In reply to Stephen Barrett, Sep 4, 2013

Stephen Barrett wrote:

Jimmy,
Thank you for the excellent simulations and comparison with test images from the FZ50. Your simulation of the Bayer array certainly drives home your point that the space domain has some advantages.

In your earlier simulation using 1 pixel per line width, I thought that the letter E looked fairly legible most of the time. If you typed a whole sentence and sampled it with 1 pixel per line width, would the sentence be intelligible?

Stephen,

Thanks very much for your kind remarks. I must say that I am somewhat confused by your statement that you thought that the letter E looked fairly legible most of the time and your question about a sentence sample at one pixel per line width. I assume that the image for which you state that most of the Es are legible is the one for which the Es have a line thickness of 1.5 pixels.

Although I haven't attempted to check it and have very little knowledge of sampling theory I expect that, depending on the colours of the letters and the photographic scale being correct, most of a digital image of a sentence which had been printed using letters with a line thickness of 1.5 pixels would be intelligible.

The same might even be true for letters which have a line thickness 1.4 pixels but not for letters which have a line thickness of 1.3 pixels or less.

Jimmy

-- hide signature --

J C Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow