Finally bought the EOS M

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Dedcakes
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally bought the EOS M
In reply to PSonoda, 11 months ago

PSonoda wrote:

I have been shooting with the 7d for several years. About a year ago I had an accident that has left me partially paralyzed from the waist down. As you might know. A fully set up 7d with video capability is a big haul. I wanted to get back into shooting and I was looking as smaller cameras. I seriously considered the NEX 7 but the cost of conversion is high. So the Canon EOS M looked like a good deal. I just bought it from BHPhoto for $565 out the door with the flash and both the 22 and the 18-55 lenses. I also picked up the adaptor for my larger lenses like my 11- 16 f2.8 Tokina.

i am interested in setting up a mini video rig. Does anyone have suggestions? Or, better yet pictures trigger rig? Please post.

I used a pistol grip with a T3i for a while with the corded release cable attached to the grip. However, there are no corded release cables for the M, but you may be able to use the wireless one... I believe I was also using Magic Latern so I could assign video recording w/ just a tap of the shutter button. Just a 'cheap' idea.

Dedcakes's gear list:Dedcakes's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Voigtlander 20mm F3.5 Color Skopar SL II Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm FinePix X100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow