Film Vs Digital (not the usual question)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike_PEAT
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,702Gear list
Like?
Better because they've been shooting for more years!
In reply to cmc1, 7 months ago

cmc1 wrote:

I am not from the analogue era myself but I know a few people who were trained using film and appear to be far better photographers for it.

They're better because they've been shooting longer...and once digital came along they had the freedom to do advanced experimentation because they no longer had to worry about the cost of each shot!

I would be interested to know what widely used techniques were used for processing and what are their modern equivalents?

Solarization, unsharpening, HDR, all existed in film

Also, wouldn't it be good if there were modern software that limited digital post processing to the same level as film?

NO!  Why limit people to obsolete technology...maybe film processing should have been limited to black and white only?  How about limiting computers to go only as fast as 1950's tube and relay technology?

It's great to see "straight out the camera, no PP" on posted images

Have you ever looked at Ansel Adams work?  All of it had a LOT of post processing done to it...if you looked at the original image from the camera you wouldn't recognise it!

Mike_PEAT's gear list:Mike_PEAT's gear list
Lytro Light Field 16GB
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow