Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1

Started Sep 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Baimei
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Re: Dilemma: A99 vs new Olympus E-M1
In reply to Kwick1, Sep 4, 2013

Hi Mark

I have the A99 with three of the Zeiss primes and three Leica R primes. I also have a micro four thirds system.

I  just got a new Sony RX1R, as well.  The 35mm is my favorite focal length, and this camera has become my choice for carrying one camera and one lens. Its incredible. Image quality matches the A99 plus Zeiss primes. I think of it as a second body for either system plus the 35mm  equivalent lens for either system.

I  use the A99 when I won't have to be carrying around my gear. I would take it on a trip, but only if I were taking my car.

My new travel kit will be the new Panasonic GX7 plus the Panasonic 7-14, Panasonic Leica 45mm macro, and the Olympus 75mm. I also take  the Sony RX1R. That gives me the maximum in image quality for the majority of my shots, since I mostly use the 35mm focal length.  Plus the higher and lower focal lengths are still available in a very light and compact bag.

I used to travel with large format gear, even on planes, but the hassle of wrangling all the gear cuts into actually experiencing your vacation.

Its always fun to shop for new camera gear, so have fun.

Rick

Baimei's gear list:Baimei's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow