New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to marike6, 10 months ago

marike6 wrote:

Ragnarock wrote:

coronawithlime wrote:

Sir Punk wrote:

I have been reading a bit the news on nex rumors and I happened to noticed a post about the 5R being sold for $429

I bought my 5R at the end of January for $700 and now it's probably worth $300 on the used market. I know how much technology depreciates but also my experience with other expensive digital cameras I have owned (one example to LX3) was that the value wouldn't go down so sharply. Not even a year has gone by.

This makes me reconsider Sony for my next purchase of a digital camera with such short product life.

What are people thoughts on this matter? I am quite upset about it. I always sell my gear and reinvest that money to buy new one but this 5R is going to be quite a financial loss.

You think you're disappointed, think of the guys with D3x's.

Or the Nikon D600. If there will be a D610 in the near future then the price will drop even more. Oh well as long as you are happy with your purchase.

The D3x and D600 haven't dropped in price even one dollar, so I'm not sure what either of you mean. In general, and as others have mentioned, FF DSLRs hold their value extremely well. When I sold my 5D Mk II / 24-105 f/4 L kit before buying the D800, I didn't lose a single dollar in the Ebay transaction.

When I sold my NEX-3N kit on Ebay after about 4 weeks of use, I lose over $100 in the sale because I had very little interest.

I can't speak for the whole world, but the D600 was introduced hardly a year ago here for 2100,- euro and right now you can buy them new for about 1500,- and used for 1200,- (less than a 1000 or even a 100 clicks). I don't want to look for conflict here, it's just that the price drop with the D600 (here) is hard to ignore. But the price drop might be different in each country.

The 6D however lost hardly any value, D800 and 5D Mark III as well. The D600 is kind of the odd one out here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow