What was your first digital camera?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sdaniella
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
first digital cameras: autogain-LV (Casio QV10), Exposure Simulation-LV dcam (PowerShot G1)
In reply to DHedgehog, 10 months ago

DHedgehog wrote:

I started out with a Casio in the early 2000s that my father bought for me. It was cheap and rather nasty, but I remember how much fun it was shooting with that. I don't remember what model it was. I still have some of the pictures, but this was before EXIF, so I don't have the model number. What was your first digital camera, and would you go back and shoot with it again?

This article got me thinking about this: he started with a Casio QV-10: https://medium.com/people-gadgets/c25ab786ce49

first digital cameras:

1995/1996: autogain-LV (Casio QV10B): no; ate up batteries; lacked exp sim LV and no Full M; miserably low res; limited long FL

2000: Exposure Simulation-LV prosumer dcam (Canon PowerShot G1): yes; still a great dcam; had VASS (vari-angle swivel screen); could do both video IR and still IR without hotspot

2005: Exposure Simulation-LV APS-C prosumer dcam (SONY CyberShot DSC-R1): yes, still a great dcam; lacked video; had VASS; but had hot spot for IR photography

2008: ExpSim LV FF dSLR (EOS 5DMkII): yes, still a great dSLR esp in low (moon/star) light, hi-res; only surpassed recently by 1Dx and 5DMkIII; 1080p vdo; lacked VASS; lacked M.E. (multiple exposure that finally, hasn't returned since my Canon film SLR T90, after... in 5DMIII ... wish i have now))

-- hide signature --

hi all! I'm back with my original profile running again! whew!
SDaniella
(formerly: sdyue)

Sdaniella's gear list:Sdaniella's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow