That RAW Troublemaker Again With Files

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Claudio Galli
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: Or....
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, 10 months ago

Dear all,

while I certainly agree that starting from a raw file and having the necessary skills you can arrive at a better image than the OOC jpg, from all these debates JPG vs RAW I have the feeling that the RAW fans quite often start from the concept that once you shoot jpg you cannot do anything to improve your image.

I have right clicked on my mouse and downloaded the first image of Alan. With a quick adjustment of shadows and highlights in Photoshop, I have arrived at a final image that is quite acceptable, even starting from a downloaded and compressed jpg image.

By the way, how do people use their photos for? Only to see them at a computer screen at 100% zoom just to find every possible flaw? In my case I print a photobook every time I make a travel around the world. Believe me, looking at my pictures printed at even a double spread page, it is impossible (at least for me) to see the imperfections that I saw viewing them at 100% zoom on the computer screen.

My humble suggestion: do whatever you want with your pictures (JPG or RAW, it does not matter), but then relax yourself and find a way to enjoy looking at them without bothering too much about the technical aspects.

Best shooting and pixel peeping to you all!

Claudio

Claudio Galli's gear list:Claudio Galli's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow