E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,389
Like?
Re: EM1 video???
In reply to 3DrJ, Sep 4, 2013

3DrJ wrote:

I read through all the posts in this thread, and I think there are a few points that have been overlooked.

The "debate" over the EM1 video specs is, if anything, premature. The camera has not yet even been officially announced by Olympus. All of the reported "specifications" are, in fact, so far just rumors.

It means the product eventually released could differ significantly from the "leaked" descriptions being circulated. In that light, "arguing" over mere speculations seems hardly worthwhile or constructive.

Also, since we don't know the actual capabilities of the EM1, it may turn out that the real specs are more favorable than thought. We just don't know.

As it is, bashing one another based solely on rumor seems terribly misapplied. Better we would have informed bashing. Better still, if it happens the camera exceeds current expectations, all the noise becomes suddenly just silly, certainly unnecessary.

Of course, disputes break out facts or not, but at least a fracas that's easier to avoid when it's clear which is which.

Anyhow, I saw a reference to this article re: video in cameras: http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/video-frame-rates-24p-25p-30p-60i.html

I'm not sure how complete it is, since I'm not an expert on video. Those who are experts might have something to add to it.

Thanks,

Jules.

-- hide signature --

Artists must not only see, but see what they are seeing.

Still debating whether we should be having a debate on a thread based on 'rumors' would seem utterly and totally pointless.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow