E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,013
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to drpoop, Sep 4, 2013

drpoop wrote:

Come on Oly !!! Is the E-M1 a PRO camera or not? Crippled crappy video options?

From 43rumors:

Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 24Mbps (MOV)
Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 16Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 12Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 8Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) / 30 frames per second (AVI Motion JPEG®)

I know Oly's focus has always been on stills, but what PRO camera in 2013 has such limited and pathetic video quality options?

This is going to hurt sales. no doubt. What a mistake.

Hi

I think if the video spec is low it WILL lose a lot of sales.

Having said that if it is as good as I think it will be, it will still be a best seller.

The Black Magic Pocket camera is a huge boost for m4/3 as a lot of serious video/film people will get one.....and since the mount is the same, a lot of those will also get a m4/3 camera to use native lenses....and adapted ones.

Ideally, the camera a lot of those people would get is one that could be a B camera to the pocket camera.

I do not think any current m4/3 camera is completely viable to use WITH the pocket camera for multi camera shots..... though a lot of people are tossing up between the BMPCC and GH3 for instance and I am sure many will use some footage from both.

Poor video will mean the GX7 will be the camera of choice for many video users (with a Pocket camera or GH3 as well).

Many will get the EM1 for using the 4/3 SHG lenses....those lenses should be great on the pocket camera too.

I am new to video but I want a Pocket camera (or GH3 or both) and either a EM1 or GX7...I was going to get a decent af 4/3 SHG lens and use with the BM Pocket camera AND the EM1 (if the EM1 video is good)....now it seems as if I would be better with a GX7 and GH3 to start and add a pocket camera later and find cheaper lenses than the SHG Oly ones.

Pity....I really want a EM1 but I can not justify it and a GX7 AND a GH3 AND a Pocket camera (And a XE1 and a Q7 and a.......)!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow