What was your first digital camera?

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
timo
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,508
Like?
Re: What was your first digital camera?
In reply to DHedgehog, Sep 4, 2013

For research on a book project I was managing in 2001, I bought on the company's behalf a 2MP Konica Minolta. It was very large, and it cost 750 Singapore dollars. (About the same as a Fuji X20 today.) Put it down to experience. I hadn't a clue what I was doing with it.

Around 2002, I bought a 4MP (WOW!) Pentax Optio 430RS. It cost over 1000 S$. It looked cute, had all the right controls, but a truly dreadful sensor (I think it was manufactured by Casio, who had a virtually identical camera in their own range).

Then I bought a Pentax *istD - for over 2000 S$ - can't remember the exact price, but it was just before the first Canon Rebel/600D came out at a killer price and changed the market for ever. I didn't want the Canon because it was built like plastic toy.

I have been following the Pentax road ever since, with occasional infidelities such as the Fuji X10, which have not been totally satisfactory.

-- hide signature --

tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow