ajamils1
Contributing MemberPosts: 878Gear list
Like?
Re: Keep LX7 or RX100?
In reply to newellj, 10 months ago

newellj wrote:

ajamils1 wrote:

newellj wrote:

I've owned the LX3, 5 and 7 and recently tried to like the XZ2 enough to keep it (that didn't work out). In my opinion, the only thing the LX7 offers compared to the RX100 is a cheaper purchase price (which might be enough to sway you) and an ND filter. Everything else goes to the Sony.

Just curious why you did not like XZ2 ? Was there anything in particular?

Yes, two things. First, I should say that I actually *really like* the Olympus menus and general user karma, and I *really love* the live blinkies. The EM-5 is one of my most like cameras and I've been using quality cameras for more than 40 years. That's just context - I was heavily pre-disposed toward liking the XZ2.

The two problems that I couldn't get over were:

1. Frequent failures to lock AF in all lighting conditions

2. Constant shifting of the rear 4-way/rotary control that dialed in exposure compensation nearly every time I picked up the camera

I really wanted to like and keep the camera, but those two issues were fatal, and it got returned.

I should add that finding the RX100, which is shirt-pocketable and has tremendous IQ, put the XZ2 (and the LX7) completely out of my mind - I don't miss either at all.

Thank you for the reply. I was curious because I recently bought XZ2 for the wife but she want something smaller to fit in her purse. Though I've had OM-D and E-Pm2 (which was replaced by XZ2), I did not like XZ2 as much as I was expecting. Two things that I've found that it does not do will is AF (as you mentioned as well) and WB. I find that it has one of the worst AWB in my recently cameras.

Once I sell XZ2, I plan on picking up either RX100 or RX100 II (though I still cannot justify the price) .

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow