Regular MemberPosts: 196
Like?
Re: If that is what you do Gary
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, 10 months ago

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

seilerbird666 wrote:

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Some of these wedding shooters shoot 2000 images that they then have to go through and process afterwards. Think about it.

Ok, I thought about it. So what. It would take me an hour to go through and process 2000 images afterwards. That is much better than having a shot ruined by in camera jpg processing. You can't go backwards, think about it.

I have thought about it, and I think if that is how you "process" wedding photos then you are not doing them justice. I make fine adjustments to each and every picture I take. That can't be done by Process Multiple Files.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

You must be charging a fortune, let's say you take your 2000 down to half that and then spend 3 minutes a photo editing maybe... That's now 3000 minutes or 50 hours of processing - so that's a whole working week with overtime, once you factor in seeing the couple, print management, album design your probably up to 2 weeks work before you've even thought about how to do any marketing, accounts or general running of the business (add another week for the other 1000 images or taking 6 minutes per image).

So you very quickly get to the point I described earlier where you have a standard way of processing and you shoot to process that way for any event.

On product shoots in particular I shoot about 700 shots of 50 or 60 products in a day and give the client 3 per product (from different angles) within 2 days - default processing on those is to make a standard profile for the shoot and apply that and the white balance settings to the whole shoot in Lightroom - you can't do that to jpegs.

#1) NO! I am not one of those who shoot 2000 images in a day - any day. That is a sign of a neurotic photographer who can't decide if he got the shot or not. Unless you are doing multiple shot mode, there is no conceiveable reason to shoot that many.

#2) How in Hades can anyone shoot perfect white balance and exposure with 2000 images in a single day? If you are not tweaking and correcting your photos for all of the things that can happen to throw those off a little, how can you show them to anyone? Explain how one setting in any program can process them all. Are you doing some sort of Auto WB and Auto Exposure in RAW processing? Not looking at every single image? Yikes. Maybe there is a whole technology that I have yet to learn.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

If you want to learn how to get it done efficiently, then this is the course you need (just working through day 2 myself)...

http://www.creativelive.com/courses/ultimate-lightroom-4-workflow-jared-platt

In day 1, JP explains how to get thru 2000 pictures in a matter of hours

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow