Another Update From Canon Rumors (CR2)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dedcakes
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Re: Canonwatch: EOS-M Discontinued
In reply to Tom Hoots, 7 months ago

Tom Hoots wrote:

And thus, all I can tell you is that retailers are running out of stock, and are calling it that the camera is discontinued. And that's a "fact," not a "rumor." It's happening right now.

And I just find it a little difficult to believe that this is going to equate to "two new models." I think it sounds more like the final breaths before the last rites are given.

The only reason that the M is discontinued is that EVERYONE is buying it right now and there's a ton of good reviews and press (just read these forums). Communities are now learning how great this affordable camera is and they're snatching them up. I'm sure Canon hasn't been able to meet the demand. It's what happens to popular devices... just like the iPhone, they sell out. I'm sure when the new iPhone is announced in a few weeks, it will hardly stay in stock as well.

Dedcakes's gear list:Dedcakes's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Voigtlander 20mm F3.5 Color Skopar SL II Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm FinePix X100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow