Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 987Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to tjuster1, Sep 4, 2013

tjuster1 wrote:
+1.

This is so true. People have tried to explain it to me, but I just can't grasp the need for PROFESSIONAL-quality video on a hybrid m43 camera. I'll bet 99% of the videos shot with them are viewed once by friends and family and filed away. For this purpose even the video in the PM1 would be satisfactory.

Now I know there are exceptions, and some people shoot real video on m43 hybrid cameras. But both of the real videographers I know (PROFESSIONAL videographers) shoot with dedicated video cameras, not hybrids.

Unless you do the video equivalent of "making a large print"--the justification for all that IQ for stills shooters--I just don't see why it's so critical to have cutting-edge video capabilities.

And most of the PROFESSIONAL photographers I know use a Canon 5D. So Olympus should just give up their stills quality, too, huh.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow