E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to Abrak, Sep 4, 2013

Abrak wrote:

I think it is a 'marketing' stance by Olympus.

Many people are really looking for the 'best possible still photograph camera' for their money. They dont want a still camera that is compromised by its video specs and they dont want to pay for video specs they dont need.

Now I can hear the video enthusiasts response that high quality video specs doesnt cost more to include in a camera. That may or may not be the case but I am willing to bet that if it included these specs Olympus would charge more (look at the Panasonic GH3). More importantly, would Olympus remove the AA filter if it was catering to the video enthusiast.

Essentially if you are basically a stills only type of guy you are inherently drawn to Olympus that appears to make a stills only camera (with video as an afterthought).

Most of us aren't asking for GH3 specs. I just thought the E-M1 would be at least as competent at video as a G5.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow