Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
tjuster1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,512
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to Paco 316, Sep 4, 2013

Paco 316 wrote:

drpoop wrote:

Come on Oly !!! Is the E-M1 a PRO camera or not? Crippled crappy video options?

From 43rumors:

Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 24Mbps (MOV)
Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 16Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 12Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 8Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) / 30 frames per second (AVI Motion JPEG®)

I know Oly's focus has always been on stills, but what PRO camera in 2013 has such limited and pathetic video quality options?

This is going to hurt sales. no doubt. What a mistake.

From what I get, it will be a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY camera.

You won't be making a CINEMATOGRAPHIC FILM, are you? Unless you are a FILM MAKER, in which case you would be investing on better equipment.

If not, than you will most likely be recording HD video of your cat in a dark room. So, what difference does it make?

+1.

This is so true. People have tried to explain it to me, but I just can't grasp the need for PROFESSIONAL-quality video on a hybrid m43 camera. I'll bet 99% of the videos shot with them are viewed once by friends and family and filed away. For this purpose even the video in the PM1 would be satisfactory.

Now I know there are exceptions, and some people shoot real video on m43 hybrid cameras. But both of the real videographers I know (PROFESSIONAL videographers) shoot with dedicated video cameras, not hybrids.

Unless you do the video equivalent of "making a large print"--the justification for all that IQ for stills shooters--I just don't see why it's so critical to have cutting-edge video capabilities.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow