Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 950Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to Paco 316, 11 months ago

Paco 316 wrote:

drpoop wrote:

Come on Oly !!! Is the E-M1 a PRO camera or not? Crippled crappy video options?

From 43rumors:

Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 24Mbps (MOV)
Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 16Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 12Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 8Mbps (MOV)
HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) / 30 frames per second (AVI Motion JPEG®)

I know Oly's focus has always been on stills, but what PRO camera in 2013 has such limited and pathetic video quality options?

This is going to hurt sales. no doubt. What a mistake.

From what I get, it will be a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY camera.

You won't be making a CINEMATOGRAPHIC FILM, are you? Unless you are a FILM MAKER, in which case you would be investing on better equipment.

If not, than you will most likely be recording HD video of your cat in a dark room. So, what difference does it make?

Thing is, though, right now, Olympus has the IBIS technology that works even better for video than it does for stills. As far as I know, they're the only company with that kind of technology in an interchangeable lens camera. With that killer technology, with the right processing software, they could make one of the best video cameras out there, if only they cared a bit more. That's the thing that frustrates a lot of people, I think. They have the hardware and technology to create the GH3 killer... why couldn't they pay a few experts to increase the video capabilities of the camera?

And if 80% of M43 shooters don't care about video, that's still 20% that do, and that's still a lot of users.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow