can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,666
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to hyenadog, 11 months ago

hyenadog wrote:

but reality is that people buy the nex and all too often then realise how crap and uber expensive the lens choice is if you dont want a bulky dark full range zoom or wide angle lens .. and sadly unless Sony's management wise up P.D.Q. their right priced "NEXin a DSLR" will fail for lack of a decent right priced lens range covering the majority of its customers needs (and not just a few fanboys and their fisheye and wide angle landscape obsession)

I don't think I'm a fanboy, but I feel Sony don't currently provide a viable option for ultra-wide and would very much like to see an affordable, optically-decent 12mm f4 pancake or similar produced to cover it

The 11-18 is just too expensive and too big, whereas the 16+UW works (it's what I use for the moment) but isn't a perfect solution (mainly because of issues with the SEL16)

NEX is perfect for street and travel photography, and ultra-wide has a place in both these areas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow