Photographer faces law suit

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrtrent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,410
Like?
Re: I am a Christian Wedding photographer.... here is my view.
In reply to steelski, Sep 4, 2013

steelski wrote:

Let me say this.
Would you tell a Muslim that they have to do a Jewish wedding.
Or a homosexual that they had to photograph at a anti-homosexual event.????

How about a vegetarian that there is only meat on the menu....
Almost half of people in the USA are against gay marriage.

The notion of a Homosexual marriage is repulsive to the majority of Christians.... including myself. calling me old fashioned, out of touch, bigot, whatever you want.
I believe this is a form of Fascism towards Christians. Getting us to bow to something we find offensive in the eyes of God is not a great direction for humanity.

I know very little about the law, but these types of state laws seem to me similar to the effect that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 had. Ron Paul described it this way:

"The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society." http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/civil-rights-act/

New Mexico passed a human rights law in 2003 protecting "against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity 'in matters of employment, housing, credit, public accommodations and union membership.'" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_New_Mexico#Discrimination_protection

New Mexico has deemed that photography is a public accommodation, so businesses offering to photograph events cannot refuse just because the event promotes homosexuality.  Even if New Mexico didn't have that law, I'm not sure it would have made any difference in the long run.  The Supreme Court's decisions in cases like Roe vs. Wade and Lawrence vs. Texas (which struck down anti-sodomy laws in Texas and 13 other states) leave little doubt that before long decisions will be made in federal courts that will effectively make homosexuals a protected class in every state, whether each state passes a law saying so or not, and will make homosexual marriage legal across the whole country, irrespective of the wishes of people in their own states.  President Reagan used to encourage people to vote with their feet--to leave their city, county, or state if it passed laws they couldn't agree with--but activist courts leave a person nowhere to go to.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow