Photographer faces law suit

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gene L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Christ commanded to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
In reply to Clyde Thomas, Sep 3, 2013

Clyde Thomas wrote:

Sorry my Christian friends, but the bible is pretty clear on this.

Matthew 22:20-21 the teachings of Christ telling his disciples to follow the law.

20: And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21: They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

A Christian doesn't have to like the law. But they are commanded by their Savior to obey it.

A Christian in China must obey the Chinese law.

A Christian in Iran must obey the Iranian law.

A Christian in the U.S. must obey the U.S. law.

Christ NEVER told anyone to disobey the law of their governing land.

Christians should consider following in their Master's footsteps... You know, be Christians. Christ who was known to associate with criminals and prostitutes. He never judged anyone. He took the opportunity to set example whenever he could.

The U.S. is a nation where citizens can work to change the laws. If an argument is sound beyond religious convictions, then the laws may be changed. Until then, everyone should obey the law or be ready to suffer the consequences. God would rather you obey the law than have you pass judgement upon one of his beloved children.

Remember in Luke 6:37

"Jesus said: Don’t judge others, and God won’t judge you. Don’t be hard on others, and God won’t be hard on you. Forgive others, and God will forgive you."

Now I don't like it either. I feel that photographers should be able to pick and choose their jobs for whatever reason they so desire. But I do not appreciate anyone giving my industry a bad name. We togs have enough trouble with copyrights and camera prohibitions to worry about. We don't need to be seen by the public as law breakers.

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

You have neglected to note that civil disobedience was very present in the early church, beginning with Christ himself who was put to death for claiming to be King of the Jews. All of His disciples were persecuted and put to death for refusing to adhere to the laws against their religion, save for John who was banished to the island of Patmos. So there is indeed a limit to a believer's obedience to the governing authorities, though for the most part the believer should be a model citizen.

Gene L.'s gear list:Gene L.'s gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 60Da Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow