Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JJ Rodin
Contributing MemberPosts: 749
Like?
Do you trust/believe DXOMark's results?
Sep 3, 2013

DXO confused me a few years back by complaining that Sony was performing noise-reduction on their raw sensors, now you hear no mention of this but everyone is doing it!? Confusing! Raw data is highly processed by everyone and they measure on...!!

The other thing I don't trust completely is that a higher resolution, all other things the same gives a significantly higher rating, (they mentioned this in the 70D review - again) that I do not get, as I mainly judge a sensor on 'a single pixel' performance, ie at 100% and what does EACH pixel contribute, then at aggregate the complete sensor is what it is.

I suspect the DR measurements are real and trustworthy as I have seen the DR comparison between multiple sensors ie - Sony/Nikon vs Canon, Pentax, etc.

If you look at the RX100II, its sensor is 'better' than the 70D & better than the 60D, I actually do NOT believe that at all (unless the #'s are not absolute but relative to sensor size, which would be a really stupid manner of doing it) !!

So, even though I know they know much more than me, I am suspicious, and I am not a ludite.

Anyone got some enlightenment as to the quality of these results/ratings (compared to real world results is what I refer to - which is all that matters) ??

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow