Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
RonFrank
Senior MemberPosts: 1,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?
In reply to justincarlson, 7 months ago

justincarlson wrote:

Here's a shot I took at a smaller aperture and ISO-100. Once again with this shot I was not happy with the sharpness, but maybe I'm being too critical.

The lettering on the side of the ship is clear and sharp. I am betting more so than the DPReview image display as the web view has been under criticism.  The lines are crisp and clear with good color and overall image clarity.  The shadow even has detail.

Your first waterfall shot is a re-shoot as there is no reason to use ISO 3200 and 1/4000 shutter. Drop the shutter to 1/125 and adjust the ISO to 100. That image is not bad, but could be much better and that is on you.

You could add PP and make this a sharper/brighter/darker/bluer/greener/whatever shot you want with the magic of software.

When lettering is sharp that occupies a fraction of the canvas that is a positive sign!

Your lens looks fine to me.

I often wonder how many 'bad copies' are returned where the only thing wrong is a bad user!

RonFrank's gear list:RonFrank's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow