can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,780
Like?
Re: Surprising...
In reply to marike6, 10 months ago

marike6 wrote:

Some cameras lose value faster than others, but Sony NEX cameras (until recently I guess) generally hold their value well.

But the fact the NEX-5R / 18-55 kit is $499 at a reputable shop like B&H is crazy to me, considering that when the NEX-3N came out, I purchased the 3N kit from them for the exact same $499 that the far better 5R is now selling at.

I did not get on well at all with the 3N. Because of the lower res LCD and the rather mediocre 16-50 PZ, I lasted three weeks with the NEX-3N before listing it one Ebay. But I have always wanted a NEX-5N or R, but the near $800 seemed to always put the brakes on my plans for a NEX-5R.

Now I'm thinking, NEX-5R body and CZ 16-70 f4 would make a terrific second camera. And the money saved on the NEX-5R, could offset the price of the zoom. And rest assured, that the CZ 16-70 f4 is one piece of kit that will never lose value so dramatically.

Anyway, I'm sorry you are feeling bummed out about your camera, but if it's performing satisfactorily, I wouldn't worry about it. At least the lens that came with it will never depreciate too much which is one reason people always say to invest in glass, not bodies.

Tell that to the guys with Sony made for aps-c lenses on their present NEX cameras when they buy a FF sensor NEX.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow