Started Sep 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
gak44
Regular MemberPosts: 291Gear list
Like?
Look at the broader picture.
In reply to Kwick1, Sep 3, 2013

Kwick1 wrote:

James Pilcher wrote:

Olympus should drop the video altogether. Then everyone wins. Stills photographers get the camera they desire and deserve, and video folk have the opportunity to stop whining and go purchase a proper video camera.

I don't use my sports car to haul horse manure, so we shouldn't expect a fine still camera to do it either.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

Agree completely - remove the video for all I care.

-- hide signature --

Fine if you want and can afford two different camera systems. Most on this board are like me, I suspect. Almost everything I shoot is stills; for the occasional video footage of grandkids or steel head fishing I want video capability built-in. I do not want to haul around another body and set of lenses that rarely will be used.

OTOH, I think that the specs listed above are more than adequate for the overwhelming majority of M43 users.

gak44's gear list:gak44's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow