E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,640Gear list
Like?
Re: Poppy Cock
In reply to James Pilcher, 10 months ago

James Pilcher wrote:

Olympus should drop the video altogether. Then everyone wins. Stills photographers get the camera they desire and deserve, and video folk have the opportunity to stop whining and go purchase a proper video camera.

I don't use my sports car to haul horse manure, so we shouldn't expect a fine still camera to do it either.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

Video is just a series of still pictures. Everything that applies to stills applies to video. That being said the things that make video good are not necessarily required for stills.
The color profiles and processing power that good 1080p @ 60 FPS video takes would not be required if it were a stills only camera. The cost could theoretically be less if it didn't have video features.

However, they also would lose far more customers by not including video than they would if they include it and charge everyone a little more whether they want it or not.

All of you non video shooting people paid for some of the video features in my camera. I thank you for that. That was mighty generous and I hope you like the videos I make with it.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow