Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
drpoop
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M1 Video Specs - Everyone loses
In reply to tjuster1, 7 months ago

tjuster1 wrote:

Brian Wadie wrote:

Not me - I buy a camera for stills and would get a video camera if I wanted to shoot movies, so for me the video capabilities are irrelevant

+1.

There are lots of choices in m43 for people who really want a hybrid camera. I'm actually glad Oly isn't wasting any resources trying to compete with the GH3 etc. That stuff would only add to the price of the camera, and I never want to pay for something I don't use.

Wasn't there a recent poll that showed that like 80% of the people in this forum could care less about video? (I might have the forum wrong). I understand that some people do, but I don't think these people are Olympus's primary target owners of this camera.

Sorry.. what?  You don't want to pay for what you don't use? that's ridiculous. You use every feature of your current camera? EVERY FEATURE? come on, be honest...

Here's a small list of features I bet you don't use

Underwater settings

Macro Settings

Multiple exposure

half of the Art mode settings

MORE than half of the Scene mode settings

- these features are used by a small portion of shooters, but Oly includes them anyways and passes the bill on to you!!!! oh no! its a travesty! you've paid for something you don't use!

pfffft.

The fact is, m43 cameras shoot high quality video, which is as good/or better than a lot of camcorders, and its a selling point for the majority of enthusiast users. In fact, when mirrorless cams first appeared, the ability to shoot video set them apart from most DSLR's.

Also, please show me said "80%" poll.

drpoop's gear list:drpoop's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow