DSLR Newbie Guidance - First Flash

Started Sep 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Wafin
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR Newbie Guidance - First Flash
In reply to ilta, Sep 3, 2013

I wanted to chime in on my yongnuo 568 ex II flash with yn22c triggers.  Probably the best combination you can use for cheap and I do shoot on a canon body.

My one complaint with the 568 is that it is a lot slower to recharge than my 600ex-rt flash.  Overheats in about 40 shots at full power where my 600 is still going.

There is a limit to the zoom feature to about 105mm so if you wanted a more focused flash you'll have to bring it in closer.

No place for an external battery pack to speed up the recharge time.

Also consider when doing outdoor sunlight photography you should really be looking at 2 or 3 flash untis to over power the sun if need be.

With the flash triggers I can control the flash from the canon menus but I can't speak for Nikon bodies.

If you don't take back to back shots with the flash at full power you will be fine...but like other people have said, you'll end up upgrading to the better stuff eventually.  $200 now or an extra $200 in a month or so when you realize there are features on the Nikon flashes that you want.

Good luck!

Matthew

Wafin's gear list:Wafin's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A55 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow