can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Glad to pay one-third original price.../ investments...
In reply to Sir Punk, 11 months ago

Buying some of my pre-owned cameras, I was glad to be paying one-third the original retail price for my 5D bodies, and proportionately less for my 1D Mark II N bodies. These models are now eight years old, and providing me with enjoyment and quite good images. I have bought new cameras, too, and it is reassuring to know they will probably be working well when a decade old, unless I cause damage to them. Shutter assemblies are replaceable.

I know, of course, that the manufacturers will eventually cease to support them, but the last time I checked, the 5D and 1D Mark II N were still supported. If not, well, I have received good service from them, including images that are priceless, to me.

If the D70s is no longer supported by Nikon, well, that is OK, too. At $100 US, through Ebay, it can be considered disposable.

If I want an investment, I will save the price of a camera body, and then put that amount into an interest-bearing account, or my 457 account. (457 is a type of 401k equivalent, for government workers.)

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow