Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
STEVEED
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Beginner question about lightening a scene
7 months ago

I'm a complete ''noob'' as they say when it comes to Photography and Filmmaking. I just bought my first Camera , the sony a57 , and now i need the rest of the equipement.

I`ve read that the best lights to use if you are on a small budget like i am are CFL lights. i know i need a Key light, Fill light and Back light. BUT once i arrived at Canadian Tire i realized i have absolutly no clue how many watts i need for each lights. the CFL lights went from 13watts to 100watts so the range is quite large. i know the key light must be the brightest but how bright? and what about the Fill and Back lights ? or is it even a relevant question ?!

as you can see, i am quite confuse so feel free to laugh at my inexperience but some advice would be greatly appricated.

If its any help i will mostly be working indoor in rooms with a dimension of 14ft(l) X 12ft(w) x 8ft(h) and 16ft X 11ft x 7ft so i will never be more then ten ft away from the subject

one room has limited to no light from windows since its in a basement

the other room can be fully lighted by sunlight

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge with me

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow