***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Sep 1 - Sep 7***

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,172Gear list
Like?
Thanks all, and Ed...
In reply to Ed at Ridersite, 10 months ago

Indeed I've only photographed a waterthrush once before, about three years ago - such a junk shot that I never posted it, other than on a bird ID board to ask what it was.  This is only the second encounter with one, and this time it gave me a few closer shots...the one in the tree was a fluke as he was there for just a few seconds, and after that he was in his more usual location down on the dark forest floor where he's very hard to shoot.

The solitary sandpipers are just passing through again - late winter into spring we'll have them back in greater numbers - this past summer was particularly busy with them for some reason, and then they went away for a while...and now I'm starting to see a few again.  I've always thought of them as migrating through, but they were here right in the heart of the hot summer - yellowlegs, sandpipers, even snipes!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow