can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
MrTaikitso
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to Sir Punk, 11 months ago

I had a 5R too, and sold it just before the 5T was announced, so didn't do too badly.

(Am in the UK.)

Truth is, it is all about consumer perception. The 5R has some flaws which do not make it as an attractive a proposition as the NEX 6 or other non APS-C cameras:

1. No built in flash (a flash is essential really and attaching the separate one is a nightmare if you're in a hurry!)

2. Fiddly controls (as an experienced photog, it took me weeks to adjust to the non intuitive menus and button placement)

3. Compact size may mean people who are not aware of it's superb IQ (large sensor) think it is an overpriced compact rather than a shrunk DSLR.

4. Not to mention rumours of new gear (beyond the 5T) due before the holidays. The Panasonic GX7 being the most compelling non Sony camera on the horizon. (It is on my radar.)

5. Canon and Nikon DSLRs appear to be the best bets for holding their price because of the assured handling, build quality and IQ, leaving brand favouritism aside.

Just my take!

MrTaikitso's gear list:MrTaikitso's gear list
Samsung EX2F +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow