Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnLUK
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
GH3 or GX7: worried about only tiltable LCD
10 months ago

I have pretty much decided to trade in a good deal of my (DLSR) Nikon gear for a GH3 or GX7 to supplement/upgrade my existing G5.

I know these are very different cameras, and I must check out the LVF (OVF) on both as I need to use them with glasses (I'm very short-sighted.) I have 'done my homework' and understand the relative pros and cons of these cameras. I'd love both, but only have the budget for one of them! However, there is one thing which bothers me, and which I'd love to get other people's thoughts on: the fact that the GX7 LCD is only tiltable.

On my G5, I do most shooting with the LVF and have the LCD turned inwards to protect it from damage. I swing it out when I need it. I also often wear the camera on a neck strap, and am concerned that a permanently exposed LCD will get scratched by shirt buttons (etc).

Any thoughts from people who have tiltable LCDs, such as OMD EM5, or who leave the LCD 'exposed'?

Thanks,

John

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow