Replacement for Tamron 70-300 LD Di lens?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nathanio
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Replacement for Tamron 70-300 LD Di lens?
11 months ago

Hi all,

I went to an airshow last week and thoroughly enjoyed it and was the first time I had used my A57 in this scenario.

I used my Tamron due to the fact that we were situated on the top of a cliff and the airshow was out over the sea (It was Bournemouth for those that know it) and so needed the length.

The LD Di is an ok lens for the price but the screw drive was a real pain; it was slow and the colours aren't as nice as the 50 f/1.8 or 18-135 I usually use and the images just look flat. So I think it is time to consider replacing it for something better.

I would really love the 18-135 as a 70-300 lens as it rocks (super quick focusing, great colours and still sharp wide open).

What would people recommend out of:

• Sony 75-300
  • Sony 55-300
  • Tamon SP USD 70-300

I think the 75-300 will be too close to the LD Di lens but i'm not sure if the 55-300 is going to be quick enough (focusing wise). I am also weary that the 55-300 has a rotating front element and as I would like to start using filters, this may be a pain.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Nathanio's gear list:Nathanio's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow