M does $2,000 video

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Dedcakes
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
Re: M does $12,000 video
In reply to maxotics, 11 months ago

maxotics wrote:

I'm exaggerating, but not by much. All DSLR/mirror-less video has a, at best 4 stops of dynamic range. Sure, it's as sharp as a razor. But high contrast--always. If you want video with high dynamic range the only ...,

https://vimeo.com/73565879

What amazing footage to help visualize your point. I haven't seen film quality better than that in any DSLR. The M is absolutely capable of $2,000 -- heck make that $12,000 video! It's ridiculous that anyone would use a 5DIII for video after seeing your footage.

All indie film makers will likely gravitate to this option. I too see this as a cult favorite. Heck, why would any film maker want to use a camera they would have to carry on their shoulders?! It seems like the best type of camera would be one you can operate single handedly and use AF.

Keep up beautiful work!

Dedcakes's gear list:Dedcakes's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Voigtlander 20mm F3.5 Color Skopar SL II Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm FinePix X100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow