What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,509Gear list
Like?
Re: What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?
In reply to DLBlack, 11 months ago

DLBlack wrote:

Have you actually used this lens?

Does that have anything relevance to the points I made?

My points are based on many reviewers' test results and I have named the sources. Whether I have used this lens, whether I can take great photos and won awards, whether I have experience in many lenses..., do not change the finding by DXOmark or that of Lenstip on sharpness of the lenses they tested, do they?

I found it extraordinary that people cannot understand something so simple and would keep asking about what I do, blah blah. How I take photos and what I use have nothing to do with whether the lens is sharp because it is the reviewers' detailed testing that are saying the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 is very ordinary in resolution, distortion ... etc.

I want to talk about the lenses and some of you just want to talk about me? Why don't you instead challenge the testing by DXOMark, Lenstip, Photozone, .... ? Discredit the messenger?  What about the sources?

I see the thread is coming to an end.  Let's hope next time, in 6 months, there is better news and better quality posts.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow