What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't think so...
In reply to Moti, 7 months ago

Moti wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

...It is time for someone to make a weatherproof and convenient to use 17mm f/1.8 with good IQ now, don't you think?

No. I think it is time for someone to learn how to use a lens that the majority of the users can take beautiful photos and are very happy with it.

Blaming the tool was always a big speciality for those who can't use it properly.

Moti

-- hide signature --

Even the best photog can make use of a lens that is not so ordinary and do even better.

You'll be surprised.

Photography is not to me a challenge in getting the best quality from equipment with ordinary performance or limitations.

But this is exactly what photography is about. A good photographer has absolutely no limitation as you describe with a lens such as the 17mm 1.8. If you have a problem with that lens or consider it disappointing due to limitations, sorry there is still a lot that you have to learn.

But back to the topic. Can you post samples that prove your claims? I mean from your own experience, not anything taken from reviews.

Moti

-- hide signature --

Your argument is flawed and it has been explained many times before.  I don't have to jump off a cliff to know that it hurts bad.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow