Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,796Gear list
Like?
Film Lives!
Sep 2, 2013

I tried the SD9 so I could throw away all my film (B&W) developing junk.  That didn't work.  The D800E seems to be working better because of the expanded DR.  I know I promised my wife that I would get rid of all that junk plus sell my film cameras.  However, now Ilford has opened a new law for B&W in the US.  See the News section of this site.  I can get rid of the junk but still use my film cameras.

Seems that Ilford doesn't think B&W film is dead and with Kodak going belly up - they have made a smart move.  I think I will keep my film cameras.  Now I can send off my film and someone else has to worry about the dust in the darkroom, the developing and the managing of the chemistry and I get the negatives (and scans if I want) back.  Best of all worlds.

To paraphrase Mark Twain (the reports on the death of film has been highly exaggerated).

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Nikon D800E Sigma SD9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow