What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,876Gear list
Like?
Re: False Dichotomy
In reply to GiggliG, Sep 2, 2013

GiggliG wrote:

texinwien wrote:

slimandy wrote:

texinwien wrote:

slimandy wrote:

texinwien wrote:

Well, you're wrong about practically everything, but at least you've got your half-witted pith and your 17mm lens to keep you happy.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be positively bursting with exuberant happiness

Actually I am very well educated and very well qualified, including in photography.

You're not able to reason your way out of a wet paper bag, so all those qualifications and all of that education seems to have been for naught, in that respect.

You would have to reason your way out of a wet paper bag?

Unlike you, I wouldn't stumble into one in the first place

I am very happy though, so you're not a complete idiot.

Indeed I am not. At least you're smart enough to recognize that I'm your intellectual better. All is not lost, my simple friend.

Ha-ha!

Ah, the soothing, innocent laughter of children and imbeciles

Of all the drivel you have spouted so far that is the furthest from the truth!! Ha-ha! I am honestly laughing out loud!!

You'll probably enjoy this board more if you stop trying to punch so far above your own intellectual weight class, which I estimate to be somewhere between that of inanimate objects and leafy vegetation.

I'm filing you under 'Chihuahua' (all bark, no brains).

Quit while you're behind

If you were really as wise as you think you are, you would be a lot more humble.

I'm humble when it's called for. In the case of slimandy, it's not.

You come off like a first year university student who is feeling cocky because he just got a B on his first exam in introductory logic.

Yawn. Your first contribution to this thread consists entirely of personal attacks. The door is that way, don't let it hit you on the way out.

Pro-tip: People who are smart and successful don't spend hours talking down to people on internet forums.

Pro-tip: People who are smart and successful don't say "Pro-tip" (unless they're saying it ironically in order to make fun of other people who, like you, say it seriously).

...

Also, allow me to point out the delicious and hilarious irony you've given us by telling me haughtily that I should be more humble and by being cocky while insisting that cockiness isn't cool.

It's not just that your entire contribution to this thread consists of nothing more than ad hominem, which would be bad enough. No, you chose to deliver a post consisting entirely of ad hominem while committing the exact same sins for which you criticize me.

That's rich, my friend. Like shooting yourself in the foot before the duel even begins.

 texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow