EOS M: Rodney Dangerfield of mirrorless?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,387Gear list
Like?
Re: Respect for a camera...?
In reply to Optimus47, 11 months ago

The OP does seem perhaps unduly concerned about respect for the EOS-M among other mirrorless users.

I'm more concerned with respect for all these cameras among consumers and pros. I very much want mirrorless to catch on and flourish - I would really hate to see it fizzle out.

Certain manufacturers are really going all out to advance the utility and viability of mirrorless. Can one honestly say that Canon has been one of them? I know they still have a good thing going with the DSLRs, but I for one am over that.

Yes, the compact, cheap, sharp EF-M lenses are very cool (all two that are currently for sale here in the US). Now how about a serious interface with more direct controls, an EVF (or at least the option to add) and a truly groundbreaking sensor? (Didn't even mention AF...) Come on, Canon - I know you can do this! Mirrorless deserves this! EF lens owners deserve this!

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow