Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,354
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to hyenadog, Sep 2, 2013

hyenadog wrote:

Sir Punk wrote:

I have been reading a bit the news on nex rumors and I happened to noticed a post about the 5R being sold for $429

I bought my 5R at the end of January for $700 and now it's probably worth $300 on the used market. I know how much technology depreciates but also my experience with other expensive digital cameras I have owned (one example to LX3) was that the value wouldn't go down so sharply. Not even a year has gone by.

This makes me reconsider Sony for my next purchase of a digital camera with such short product life.

What are people thoughts on this matter? I am quite upset about it. I always sell my gear and reinvest that money to buy new one but this 5R is going to be quite a financial loss.

why are you so upset about it ? .. there is zero material difference between the 5T and 5R ? if you got your money back and bought a 5T you would see no material differncew in any way .. wait a few weeks until the stocks have cleared and the 5R prices will likely go back up

Good points, the 5t is only avery small update, I believe only the NFC is realy new on this camera, nothing more then that.

If you want to be pi**ed off about the NEX then get pi**ed off about the crap range of bright tele lenses available for the NEX/NEXinaDSLRskin (well actually none) .. never mind reasonably priced or with OIS

Well, when you read the roadmap Sony is following closely, you will see that a k ens like that is planned for this year, so wait4 month and you will see if their is something to ve happy about.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow