ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donna J
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
New laptop = bad prints = Help!
Sep 2, 2013

Hi everyone,

I am hoping I can get some help here,  I had to buy a new laptop and am getting horrible printing results.  I am doing everything the same,  I can't figure out what is wrong.

I have an Epson R2000 printer - Photoshop Elements 10 - old laptop was a Dell,  new laptop is a Toshiba Satellite.  I use mostly Ilford Prestigue Smooth Pearl paper.  My settings have always been this:

In media settings:  Mode: off (no color adjustment)

In color management: Color handling: Photoshop Elements Manages Color

In printer profile:  I select my paper profile for Ilford pearl

In my frustration I decided to do a test and printed out 2 photos of the same image, one using the Dell (using a flashlight to illuminate the screen because it no longer lights up) and one using the new Toshiba.  The print using the Dell was perfect,  the print using the Toshiba is dark and murky.  I am getting this result with all prints using the Toshiba.

The one setting change I found that helped is instead of setting the mode to "no color adjustment" I changed it to "Adobe RGB",  also had to lighten the print a bit.  This made the prints better but still not as good as with the Dell.

I don't understand why the prints are not the same using my old settings.  I am not a technical wiz but have been testing some different setting within the computer:  I changed the color management settings for my printer,  changed the profile associated with the printer.... nothing has helped.

I cannot afford to buy another laptop.  Any help would be most appreciated!

thank you

Donna

Donna J's gear list:Donna J's gear list
Epson Stylus Photo R2000
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow