What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,629Gear list
Like?
Re: You must have seen (or had) bad copies?
In reply to Alexis D, Sep 2, 2013

Alexis D wrote:

Alexis D wrote:

thecraftysnapper wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

It would be great if owner feedback is supported by test measurements, which happens for all the trully excellent lenses. Relying on word of mouth alone is not what I want to do. In this case, the feedback is not only unsupported by optical test measurements of reliable reviewers but it is contradicted by those measurements.

While that may be the ideal , I would imagine most photographers are to busy enjoying taking  images in the real world and drawing conclusions from real world images

Spot on, and there are plenty of images and reviews from real photographers in real world situations that can be found on the internet with a very quick search for anyone who actually wants to see them. Photographs, not measurements. That is what we are trying to produce isn't it?

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

That's a good and positive way to look at this.
What a good attitude.there is always a good angle however bad things look. What a wonderful lens you have there. Be happy.

That's the point. After using the lens things don't look bad, they look good!

I am happy!!

-- hide signature --

Why you here then ? Complaining so hard because others criticize you r lens?

Because people keep saying things that are not accurate, and I don't like mis-information. I am here because I am happy with my lens and for good reason, and what I read here suggests I shouldn't be. I am happy to redress that. I wouldn't want someone else to miss out on my happiness because of a thread such as this.

Now perhaps you can explain why you are complaining when there is no need to?

-- hide signature --

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow