What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,274Gear list
Like?
quoting versus paraphrasing
In reply to texinwien, 11 months ago

I don't know why we are discussing language issues here. I thought the discussion was about lenses.

Quotation marks (") are not only used to literally quote something that was said earlier but also to paraphrase (say essentially the same but with other words) something that was said earlier. So when it was said that it should have been possible to make the 17mm lens better (given that Olympus makes a 12mm that is better and that the Panasonic 20mm is better) I paraphrased the opinion about the 17mm lens as that it was "not that good". It's not a literal quote. This is done all the time.

I don't know why this discussion is deteriorating so quickly. Apparently some people feel their toes being stepped on and I don't see what is doing that.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow